Monday, February 11, 2008

Agnes Water, Australia

Help, I am trapped in the most boring town on Australia's East Coast! Severe flooding has closed the roads in and out of the town, and there's NOTHING to do. I really shouldn't complain because things could be a lot worse, aka I could be one of the poor passengers on a stranded yacht out on the Whitsunday Islands! I just bought a ticket out of town tomorrow and I'm praying soooo hard that the roads are passable in the morning! Pretty much the rest of my trip in Australia and NZ depends on me getting out of here tomorrow so um, just cross your fingers for me. I'm going to go check out the ridiculous waves on the beach right now and maybe eat some lollies (Aussie for candy) to make myself feel better. cheers!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

urrghh! I'm jealous, even if you are in a flood. I hope you have gotten out. I'm freezing my booty off trying to ward off depression by sitting in front of a lightlamp. It is just not cutting it. We've gotten so much snow that there are mini-mountains from the areas they have plowed. Oh well. Just more inspiration to get my butt out of the country.

Nurse Reg said...

Where the hell is Kate?!?!? Those of us stuck wiping butts in the frozen tundra who want to live vicariously through you need to know some exciting details?? I hope you got out of the flooded town you were stuck in and are enjoying sunshine and warm weather. Things are pretty exciting around here....it may even get up to 30 degrees this weekend!! Whoo hoo.....we miss you and I hope you haven't caught Malaria or .... :)